Monday, April 25, 2011

Mean, Not-So-Lean Cleaning Machine

I will be the first to admit that I did not inherit the Cleaning Gene.  My apartment usually looks quasi-tidy, but as for looking like a sample room at Ikea, it just ain't gonna happen.  It has to get to the point where I'm embarrassed to invite myself over to my apartment before I force myself to take up Cleaning Tools. 

My super-amazing children of the whatever-the-fuck-the-letter-is-now generation, got me a Swifter WetJet, so I could clean like all the cool kids do. On my morning off today, I decide to tackle my bathroom floor with my SWJ.  After 10 tries, I finally get the replacement bottle of Magic Cleaning Potion to do what it's supposed to do, but I can't get those damn pads to stay on  if I superglue them.  It looks so perfect on the box!!  But, then, so does the picture on the label of Beenie Weenies.  What ever happened to Truth in Advertising? (the Original Oxymoron)  Anyroad, I squirted the MCP on the floor and cleaned the floor on my hands and knees with paper towels. . .like the good Lord intended. 

Better luck next year. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment