Friday, May 6, 2011

Here's the thing. . .

The older I get, the less time I have for bullshit.  I think it's because I spent a vast amount of my life apologizing for who I am, being told by those close to me that my behavior was not "the done thing".  So I would sit back in the corner and observe life, rather than participating in it.  The few times I would step forward and Be Deb, (admittedly frequently fueled by alcohol and/or anger)  I would later spend hours of weeping/wailing /gnashing of teeth and self-loathing only because I said/did what I truly felt at the time but felt that now everyone would hate me forever.

Meh.  I'm over it.  Life is too short to be anything other than what you are.  I realize it's rather late in life for me to get to this point, but everyone travels through life at a different speed and I've been stuck in second gear for a while.  Well, I'm now rebuilding my transmission.  (The mind boggles with endless automobile metaphors here, but I'll move on.)

I have no money, no career, and no future but I have two immensely incredible children and the best bunch of friends a gal could wish for.  And, as the great philosopher Popeye once said, Iyam what Iyam.

So there.

Damn, I hope I don't regret posting this. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment