Friday, February 3, 2012

Fourth of the Year

A friend of mine once told me, "I am only truly happy when I'm in a show."  I feel the same way.  I think it's because acting is the only thing I can do well.  Also, I'm extremely awkward socially, and rehearsing/performance allows me to have some social interaction without a lot of the awkwardness.  Otherwise, it's just me and the Kindle on my porch.  Which is cool, but not 100% of the time.

It's taken me a while to work out this formula, but I'm pretty pleased with it. (Most days.  Some days I'm just resigned to it, but those are days where I crash my car or sprain my ankle or have a hemorrhoid lanced, which was pretty much January.)  I have been uber lucky in the past year to be able to do so many wonderful shows, and I'm hoping I'll get cast a lot this year, but, of course, there are never any guarantees.  And, just like if you're into horses, you get to enjoy(?) the smell of horseshit, I enjoy(?) the whole auditioning-getting/not getting cast process.  And if that sounds like I'm equating auditioning to horseshit, well, {snappy retort unavailable}.

Anyroad, the reason I'm boring you all with this TMI-ish crap is that rehearsing a play like Hamlet, as I am now, is wonderful and intense, but also creatively draining, as you can probably tell from this lackluster post.  So it will be a while before I'm back in the blog saddle again, fascinating you all with my brilliant insights on shit that doesn't matter and, occasionally, shit that does.  

Until then, the play's the thing.  Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment