Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'm Forgettable

I went to an employment agency today.  It's the second time in two months I've been there.  Seems they lost all record of me being there the first time; the guy interviewing me muttered something about "changing systems".  Yeah, well, whatever.  I'm not taking those damn tests over again, dude, you better find those scores from March.

This doesn't really surprise me.  I'm the kind of person who tends to fall between the cracks.  When I was a kid, there were a couple years in grade school where my teacher never remembered my name.
                                                LAST DAY OF SCHOOL

Me:      Bye, Miss McClellan.
MM:     Bye, er. . . .Betty.
Me:      Yeah, well, whatever.

I have people who I did shows with in the last 5-6 years ask me if we've ever been in a show together.  Yes, I played Aaron in Titus Andronicus and the covertible in Thelma and Louise. 

A few years ago, when I was in the torrential downplay improv troupe, J'Mel and I were at Rojo and some guy came up to J'Mel and told him how much he loved td.  J'mel pointed to me and said, "You know she's in the troupe, too."  The guy looked at me confusedly and said, "Oh, yeah.  Hi, er. . . Betty."  It's nice to know I make an impression on stage. 

Hey, wait.  Maybe my name really is Betty and I'm the one who doesn't remember me.  Ow.  My head hurts now.  Let's forget that theory.

I should really use this attribute to my advantage, work for the CIA or something.  Except that when I want to be invisible, I usually end up falling down (loudly), effectively blowing my cover.  Sometimes I just fall down for the hell of it, to keep up my skills.

Anyroad, I was very gracious about the employment agency forgetting about me, cause I'm not one for burning bridges.  But I do think the least they could do is find me a job.  That pays a lot of money.  And that I'd do well.  And I'd like.  And where they would remember who I was from day to day.  And they would also give me free unicorns and rainbows, because who am I kidding???  Those things don't exist! 

Anymore than I do, evidently.  Oh, well, whatever.

Love,
Betty


1 comment:

  1. Actually, one of my neighbors remembered you from your working across the hall from his office. I was telling him about The Divine Sister, and he said he knew a woman who does theatre in town. After some time thinking about it, he actually remembered your first name as Debbie, not Betty. So there. :)

    ReplyDelete