Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What, me worry?

Yes.  A lot.  Some days more than others.  Guess if this is one of those days. . . . Congratulations, and thanks for playing.

I am proud to say I am an Equal Opportunity Worrier.  I worry about the future.  I worry about the past.  I worry about the present.  I worry if I'm not worrying.  If I'm not worrying, I worry about what I'll worry about next.  If I'm not worrying, I worry about WHY I'm not worrying, etc., etc.  I even worried that I had blogged about worry before.  (So I checked and I hadn't.)  (But what if I just didn't notice it??? ooohhh. . . . . )

I know worrying never makes me feel any better.  Nor does it ever solve an issue I am worrying about.  And I honestly do make an attempt to talk myself out of it.  Some days that works better than others.  Guess if this one of those days. . . .Congratulations, you're two for two.

Some days I think my brain barrels into Worrytown just because it can't think of anything else to do.  Maybe if I start doing random mathematical equations in my head. . . .hahahahaha!!! (I thought I'd throw in a little humor.  You're welcome.)

Like many other of my lesser loved attributes (my extreme shortitude, the curly hair), I have embraced my propensity for worry and accepted it for what it is.  It's part of who I am and I have learned to not take it too seriously. 

Now, if I could just figure out how to parlay it into a career.

"World Wide Worrying.  Tired of endless worries?  Let me take them over for you!  As a Certified Worryologist (member of W.U.S.S., Worrier's United Secret Society),  I can absorb your worries and allow you to get on with productive thinking; giving you the peace of mind that your worries are being tenderly and lovingly nutured in a completely Organic Paranoid Environment, free of pesticides and chemicals {okay, I do actually use chemicals, but I ain't advertising that!}.  Call today for your free quote!  (Wait, let me make sure my phone is charged. . . yeah, okay, you can call now.  Please????)"

All I need is a jingle.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the strangest things I've ever seen, so I worry you've already seen it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLes1MufRf8

    ReplyDelete