Friday, August 9, 2013

Absolute Truths

That's a great novel by Susan Howatch.  Anyroad....
 
You all know I'm a fan of lists. Well, you do now.  And I have a list of Absolute Truths.  They have changed over the years, and may well change again, but below are some that are currently on my hit parade.
 
DISCLAIMER PARAGRAPH:  These are Debbie's Truths.  You have your own.  You may agree with some, but it's more likely you won't.  You may think some are incredibly dumb.  You're welcome. (And probably right.)  It's Friday.  Enjoy.
 
1.  Not giving a shit is harder than it should be. Sometimes.  Sometimes the reverse is
     true.
2.  I think best when pacing.
3.  I therefore look weird a lot.
4.  Having fun is awesome.
5.  Being sick is the pits.
6.  It's all very well to say, "You make your own happiness.", but I must have copied the
     recipe for happiness down wrong, because it never comes out right. 
7.  I'm not a very good cook.  I don't care.
8.  I'm a helluva lot of fun to be around. And, by invoking the transitory theory by
     employing #4, I am, therefore, awesome.
9.  Cats are awesome, as well.  And sometimes fun to be around.
10. The first sip of coffee in the morning and the first sip of beer post show are two of
      the most perfect moments on earth.
 
I could go on, but you are probably scrolling down your FB page by now anyway, so I'll stop.  I have written nothing earthshattering here, but lately the things that have shattered my earth haven't been very happy, so I'm okay with being Cheerfully Mundane. 
 
And that makes #11. 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment