Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Games People Play

Normally, I enjoy things I do well; like parenting, acting, improv, reading, se.  . .well, you get the drift.

But the exception to this Debbie Rule is games.  I *love* playing games, but I really suck at it.  In the little over a year that I have been playing Words With Friends, I can count on one hand the number of times I actually won a game.  I am slightly (*clears throat nervously*) obsessed with Yahtzee, which I play about a million times a day, complete with my own OCD rules.  I get absolutely giddy if someone asks me to play Monopoly, but I don't think I've ever won a game in my life. 

I don't know why I love something I can't do well.  I guess I believe that one time I might actually win a game.  This is the same Naive Optimism that makes me believe that Unicorns will one day rule the world and Bad Steve will one day pay me back the money he owes me.  Okay, naive might be too light a word. . . delusional is probably more realistic.  Oo, wait, I like that--delusional is probably more realistic.  Every once in a while, I come up with a good one.

Anyroad, the point here is that I really love to play games and I almost always lose, so if anyone out there in Readerland wants a Major Ego Boost, WWF awaits.  You may already be a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment